Our mission is to help communities prevent adolescent pregnancy through advocacy, collaboration, and education. So what does that actually look like on a day-to-day basis?
On any given day, you’ll find us:
- Helping communities and schools implement effective, age appropriate sex education
- Providing top-notch professional development and resources to people who serve and impact North Carolina youth
- Increasing awareness of adolescent sexual health, including teen pregnancy, its root causes, and effective solutions
- Strengthening parents' voices in communities and in their own families
- Helping communities reach the most vulnerable youth
- Working directly with youth to provide information and advocacy opportunities
Decades of research have helped us understand what works (and what doesn’t) in preventing teen pregnancy. Our work focuses on putting proven strategies into practice, and on helping North Carolina’s communities, leaders, young people, and families do the same.
Please explore our Projects & Services to learn more about our day-to-day work.
Interested in what you can do in your day-to-day work? Check out our Resources section.